Become proficient in ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Dynamically locate lesions
- Practice identification, aspiration and biopsy procedures
- Scan the breast biopsy phantom using typical clinical system settings while watching needle insertion on the ultrasound display.
- Ultrasonic characteristics are similar to soft tissue
- Skin-like resistance to needle penetration
Physicians, including residents in training, use this tool to practice ultrasound-guided biopsy procedures.
The Gammex 429 allows you and your team to fine tune your biopsy skills using ultrasound to dynamically locate lesions and practice needle placement. There are 11 lesions placed at varying depths filled with water, green fill and semitranslucent fill; this provides a visual check for the user to differentiate between the mass and the surrounding tissue.
This is important to determine biopsy success.
- Lesions for fine needle aspirations
- Solid masses for core biopsies
- Gain core biopsy skills
- 3 water-filled
- 4 hyperechoic - 4 hypoechoic
- Develop hand-eye coordination - Develop efficient and effective scanning techniques