Lower body x-ray shield 312/DS-039/2
These lower body shields substantially reduce exposure to scatter radiation emanating from the table or patient’s body.
312/DS-039/2 & variants with collision tolerant pivotal arm & optional detachable top shields.
The primary shield (312/DS-039/2) comprises a lightweight and durable structure, with middle link and pivotal arm (with collision tolerant link) supporting flexible lead curtains. Optional semi-flexible top shields provide additional protection to the upper body.
- The shield easily mounts to either side of the table allowing the pivotal arm to always face the head end.
- A 55 cm wide attachment bracket slides onto a 25 mm high tableside accessory rail (max. 11 mm thick). The securing handle position allows it to overhang the rail end and be repositioned further along the table.
- Equipment controls can be mounted on the large integrated rail.
- The shield utilises a unique collision tolerant link allowing upward movement of the pivotal arm in the event of impact from beneath (for example collision with a moving C-arm). Its attached curtain moves in unison, with its angled profile overlap maintaining continuity of protection.
- The heavy duty middle link has an automatic wear adjustment facility ensuring accurate joint friction which prevents unwanted curtain movement even when the table is tilted in any direction.
- The curtains flexible inner layer is bonded to its outer covering which results in an extremely strong, supple and easy to clean curtain. As the protective layer is not suspended separately in a cover (bag), it cannot tear or fall away inside unnoticed.